Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Last Blog Post

Some of my failed/successful attempts at being artsy






Dear Future AP Art Student,

Don't let the fear of heavy workload and stress scare you away from AP Art, because it will probably be one of the best classes you will take next year. Art is the one thing I will make without someone forcing me to, because I love it. I definitely could not have handled all of the other academic workload without art as an escape. I realize now that some of my best work was produced when I was under pressure, so don't stress too much once you're in the class. You will always get your work done somehow. The art shows are THE BEST. The work of other high school artists never ceases to amaze me. It also makes me proud to see the work of Lakeridge artists at the shows as well :) Who wouldn't want to be part of a class filled with such dedicated and talented people?
Also, you are going to have the best year of your life with Ms. McBride. She cares so much about art, and she will go above and beyond for the art class (look how much she's done for the Vans shoes!). Your art skills will improve tremendously in this short period of time, and I think you will discover a lot of things about yourself.
It's really hard to reflect on the whole year in just this one blog post because there is so much to say. It seems like just yesterday we were at Twin Rocks Friends Camp bonding and getting to know each other... and then came picking out our concentration, working on our first pieces, holiday party, Scholastic, AP art show, etc. And now it's already MAY! Seniors are out of here in less than a month, and Ms. McBride I agree with you when you say the year went by so fast. I can't express in words how much I am going to miss the class and the people in it next year! Future AP art students, I am so excited to see the art you will produce in this class, and hopefully I will be back next year to see the art show! Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment